Who doesn’t eat pizza or pasta without a good dash of oregano? Nobody! You’re in luck because, as well as giving food a special touch of aroma and flavour, oregano, if it’s organic and high quality, will be greatly benefiting your body.
It’s one of the most well-known, widespread aromatic plants in Mediterranean food and belongs to the Lamiaceae family. It has dark green leaves with villi that can reach up to 1 metre in height, which we carefully pick to include in our delicious meals.
Oregano is very useful in most recipes, but it’s also a powerful medicinal ally.
How do organic oregano leaves help us?
- They’re potent expectorants and will help you during your colds sore throats and laryngitis.
- Natural antiseptic, analgesic, carminative, antifungal and antispasmodic. All in one leave and only through adding them to infusions.
- They will help your digestive system get rid of gases and bad digestions.
- They can be used in infusions as a mouthwash to relieve wounds.
- They create a poultice and reduce menstrual pain, colic and muscle pain.
- If you make oregano oil with your leaves, you’ll help get rid of nail fungi.
From now onwards, you won’t be able to live without organic oregano leaves and definitely won’t only be using it to flavour your Italian food.