Star anise, one of our most classic botanists and acclaimed Traditional Chinese medicines which we’ve always been extremely fond of thanks to the benefits it brings our bodies, especially to our digestive systems.
For babies, it’s the “hand of God” since an infusion of star anise can relieve any colic or intestinal problems with the utmost care, perfect for babies. It’s a spice originating from China and Vietnam and is highly recommended to relieve gas, which we all know to be very irritating and disruptive, turning our beautiful day into an uncomfortable one. Containing the same active ingredient as green or common anise, star anise brings with it some unique benefits. With its very particular flavour, tasty and similar to liquorice, what can it help us with, after taking us back to our childhoods?
– Heavy and intense digestion.
– Eliminates gas, swollen bellies and those dreaded abdominal cramps.
– It’s great for those who suffer from a loss of appetite. It helps to encourage the desire to eat.
– Also, thanks to relieving indigestion, it relieves stomach pain.
– It’s a magnificent expectorant that relieves us from coughs, pharyngitis, asthma and mucus.
– It stimulates menstruation, making it lighter and less painful.
– Relieves us of rheumatic pains.
To make use of its benefits, prepare an infusion with the star anise flower and add a little honey, lemon and, of course, ginger. It’ll be absolutely delicious and your whole body will thank you.
Furthermore, star anise is currently one of the cocktail world’s star condiments (never said better). It’ll flavour your cocktail fantastically, giving it a unique taste that’ll remind you of classic anise, but without being too intense, in its correct dosage. Also, as a decoration for your drinks, star anise is unique. An anise flower in your cocktail will open you up to a whole new world of beauty.