Cardamom has an intense and characteristic odor, including mint, citrus, sweet and spicy. Al is a spice with great aroma and intense flavor is recommended to use a very small amount. Cardamom is a spice that has been considered one of the most prized and expensive in the world, ranking below saffron and vanilla, years ago it was not very easy to find, but now you can buy cardamom in any business that has a good assortment of spices, we have seen that the world of mixology has also participated in earning a space in shops and bars mixed drinks, its aroma and flavor gives much play.
In some elaborations ground is required, for example to make bread, rolls, biscuits … but ground can also be added to stews. And to make your contribution to the dish is favorable, as with all the spices, grind ideally moments before incorporating it into the preparation to deploy all its aroma and flavor.
Enjoying spicy foods is never healthier than when they contain cardamom. It’s considered a spice of excellence, helping the entire digestive system. It makes the perfect condiment, adding flavour and scent, helping our bodies feel better with lighter digestion. Cardamom takes care of “our other brain”: the stomach.
Originating from South India, cardamom is extremely valuable for its high essential oil content which helps our bodily functions. But if cardamom is beneficial to our bodies, it’s mostly because of its high starch content. Why is an appropriate does of starch good for us? Because it’s natural, straight from a botanist, as well as helping make food nutritious and energising. Who doesn’t want a little extra energy for their busy day?
Keep in mind cardamom’s high percentage of fibre and you have in your hands a fundamental ingredient for your dishes.
What else does the great cardamom have?
– It’s a source of natural nutrients like no other.
– Its stimulating factors help us to stay alert and active throughout the day (and helps depression).
– It’s a powerful anti-inflammatory: it relieves pain and fights against infections.
– If you include cardamom in your diet, your body odour will improve.
– It is essential for fluid retention.
– It’s an indisputable accelerator for our metabolism: it helps to burn fat.
– Great intestinal regulator which facilitates our digestion and allows us to eat better.
– It’s great for respiratory problems such as pharyngitis and sore throats.
Always have a pot (a glass pot, of course) of pure cardamom in your kitchen and prepare yourself a rich infusion or add it to your meals. Your body will appreciate it. But, in addition, your cocktails will be a touch more exciting thanks to cardamom: taste, flavour, aroma…It’s unique!