It’s the best known ingredient that we always have on hand. Black Pepper is what our grandmothers and mothers had in their kitchens in its original corns, and now we have it in grinders so that you can always use it at its best: freshly ground, in corns or ground, black pepper is the most widely used spice in the world, considered the queen whose throne will never be stolen, thanks to its value.
Black Pepper, like all varieties, comes from the climbing tree Piperacae (originally from Brazil, Peru and Argentina), but in this case, you have to wait a little longer to harvest it, just before the end of the ripening period. After harvesting, the corns are left to ferment and then dry in the sun. It’s there that they turn black and gain their characteristic taste and smell. Spicier than others, black pepper has a very characteristic aroma that can always be recognised. It’s strong, spicy and, although loved by many, best not chewed as a corn. So, to avoid any issues, always grind your peppercorns.
Black Pepper is perfect for all kinds of dishes. It’s extremely versatile and goes well with meat, fish, salad or vegetable creams.
In regards to its health benefits, it has all the same as any pepper variety:
– It has a great satiating power so helps you to lose weight.
– Aromatic in every pore of your being. When whole, you’ll be able to appreciate its smell but once ground…its pink powers are unleashed.
– A diuretic and laxative in the right measure without being aggressive.
– Helps prevent early aging thanks to its antioxidant powers.
– During autumns and winters, it’s your ally against colds and the flu.
– It’s an intense fungicide that helps eliminate fungi and bacteria (perfect for candida).
Always keep black pepper on hand. It’s an essential for your kitchen.