“Kurogama, or colloquially known as Black Sesame, will always be your greatest ally if you love the Japanese world and its food.
They decorate and turn your Japanese recipes into great successes but also, as small as they are, offer an incredible range of health benefits that you shouldn’t ignore. To feel even happier in life, use kurogoma.
Why do we love Kurogoma and always include 1 or 2 teaspoons of it in our diets?
– In terms of minerals, it’s a champion: rich in iron and calcium, as well as fatty acids and proteins.
– Fight’s cholesterol like nothing else.
– It helps prevent osteoporosis by strengthening our bones.
– It oxygenates our blood, keeping bad blood pressure at bay.
– It’s perfect for supplying women with extra iron, especially if they’re breastfeeding.
– Black sesame has a much greater amount of fibre per seed compared to its white counterpart.
– It’s super vitamised: vitamins A, D, E and K, as well as those belonging to the ‘B complex’ group (vitamin B1, B2, Niacin, etc.), all essential to improving the health of our skin, eyes, hair and general wellbeing.
If you’ve fallen in love with Kurogoma, or black sesame, as we have, make sure to keep it on hand for Japanese recipes, as well as sweets, salads or rich Black Sesame Tahini. “