When two greats come together, they’ll only ever create brilliance. This is definitely the case when you merge White Salt Flakes with Saffron. One, white salt, is considered a basic to flavour all of your dishes. The other, saffron, is a golden condiment that speaks for itself.
Why use this Saffron Salt?
Use it in your richest, most exuberant dishes; add it to meals which need a little more flavour and distinction. It’ll help you enhance the taste of all your recipes, bringing to them a unique, sweet flavour.
It’s perfect with meat and fish but add it to toast, avocado and eggs to really surprise yourself. Your taste buds will really experience something special.
The world’s golden spice and condiment. It’s our most precious and desired ingredient. Nothing compares to saffron: its flavour, intensity, characteristics or its potential.
It’s extremely difficult to harvest saffron and each strand we collect is, without a doubt, an authentic achievement. Each gram of saffron has great value, thus making it the most expensive spice in the world.
When using it, it’ll dye your dishes yellow but will bring them an unmistakable, incredible flavour. The saffron we know comes from a very specific flower, called Crocus Sativus, a plant growing to just over 15cm. The flower’s stigma is that each strand of saffron must be hand-picked, one by one, dried and handled with the utmost care, to reach our homes in their delicate states. Despite years of antiquity (saffron has been part of our culture for over 3,000 years), no one has found an easier, less manual way to collect saffron. Year after year, century after century, its price continues to increase due to the harvesting difficulties it presents.
But, in addition to its colour, flavour and peculiarity, saffron is also special because of the endless benefits it brings to our body:
– It’s perfect for our digestive system. Its bitter taste accelerates the production of gastric juices and helps heavy digestions. Consume 0.5 grams of saffron before meals, and your body will be transformed.
– It prevents, thanks to its crocetin component, the appearance of gallstones and stones.
– Encourages and helps throughout the menstrual cycle of women, from premenstrual symptoms to the pains of menstruation itself.
– As an antioxidant, it is unique in that it eliminates free radicals, responsible for causing aging of cells.
– Reduces stress, nervousness and anxiety thanks to its antioxidant power.
– Help improve damaged vision.
– Globally recognised and valued as an aphrodisiac.
– Great at helping those with diabetes by regulating blood sugar levels.
– It’s our greatest ally at fighting cardiovascular diseases.
Enjoy this pure, high quality saffron that will take you on a culinary adventure. With this chest, you’ll be able to keep all of its properties intact, store it with the utmost care and perhaps give it, as an extraordinary gift, to a lover of cooking.