Lemon … Freshness, acidity, intensity, colour and smell. All in one rind.
The famous, classic twist of lemon peel has been with us since childhood and, even today, as cocktails and G&Ts boom, its popularity continues with great force. Now, a more sophisticated, intense, flavourful version has been brought to us: dry lemon rind cut carefully into small pieces, perfectly sized for your glass.
What are the benefits of eating lemon? What would our mothers and grandmothers have done without them? More importantly, what would we do at any culinary moment without a good lemon. Nothing beats it when it comes to keeping our bodies healthy.
Citrus par excellence, the best known and most widespread of all our (if not all) cuisine around the world. Lemon gives us a constant supply of vitamins and other great nutrients. If we were to list all the good a lemon does, it would feel endless…but with our small snapshot, you’ll definitely be convinced:
– It’s exceptional for your skin: it eliminates the excess fat making you look radiant, fresh and clean skin.
– Powerful bleach for stains and teeth.
– It improves the alkalinity of our blood and naturally regulates pH.
– It reduces anxiety.
– Its anticancer effect is very powerful and can fight strongly against certain tumours.
– Its detoxifying power is unparalleled. It’s a great ally to the liver and aids liver function.
– Lemons also help colds and other respiratory problems.
Start your day with a good glass of warm and water containing a few pieces of lemon peel. Let it infuse and add ginger. You’ll notice the effects after a few days and won’t be able to stop taking it. The question is: why stop? It’s an easy routine which positively changes your body.
In addition to being exceptional for our health, lemon is also a great companion to cocktails. Good bartends already know this and will always have lemon peel on hand. With this high quality, ready to use option, it’s even easier. A piece of lemon peel is essential to prepare the perfect gin and tonic. Once you have prepared the G&T, wait 30 seconds for all of the ingredients to dissolve and then add your lemon zest. It’ll be, without a doubt, very impressive.